Naturopathy, Musculoskeletal therapy & Colonic Hydrotherapy in Swansea
Registered Naturopath in Swansea; Musculoskeletal therapy & Colonic Hydrotherapy in Port Talbot, Bridgend, Llanelli & surrounding areas
A very happy New Year to you! The Swansea Clinic is open and you can call 01792 654751 to make an appointment. I'll be in the clinic on my usual days of Mon, Tues & Thurs, starting on Monday 4th January. Please leave a message if no one answers, or email me through this website. If you email me I can now give you an appointment with our online diary for naturopathy, colonic hydrotherapy or musculoskeletal therapy (osteopathy).
I am happy to do naturopathic consultations (any health problem) using Skype or WhatsApp, or even by phone, if you do not wish to come to the clinic, or live far from Swansea. I've done many of those in the last few months. But I'd rather see you if possible so I can give you a full examination, take your blood pressure etc.
The Clinic has put in place all measures for enhanced hygiene and disinfection throughout the clinic and PPE equipment for everyone's protection during this epidemic. Please wear a mask when you enter the clinic.
Please read my latest blog lower down this page
Do you suffer from, or relate to any of the following?---
or do you suffer from a lot of confusing symptoms such as these below:
• Pain, back pain, arthritis, sciatica, neck pain, headaches, migraines, sports injuries, whiplash, frozen shoulder?
• Have you been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease like coeliac, rheumatic pain, underactive thyroid, or skin problems ?
• Do you struggle with IBS, bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, indigestion, brain fog, or digestive problems?
• An inability to lose weight, tiredness, no energy, ME/chronic fatigue/CFS/"Long Covid", food cravings, or hormone problems?
These are all conditions I commonly see in my work using naturopathy, musculoskeletal therapy (osteopathy) and colon hydrotherapy and that I'd be happy to help you with--and hopefully help you sort out the confusion of having so many symptoms! They always mean something.
I combine my multi-disciplinary approach with the latest science in functional medicine, evidence based research and lab testing.
If you are unsure of what sort of treatment you need please ring the receptionist and ask for a no obligation FREE MINI CONSULTATION if I have not seen you before, or email me from this website.. You can explain the symptoms from which you have been suffering and we can decide together what treatment would best to help your problem, or ask to speak to me on the phone when I am free.
Sometimes people have many symptoms and it is hard to know what therapy or therapies would be the most helpful. I’ll be happy to try and help you do this and start you on your journey back to better health. I can also send you a questionnaire that will outline many of the commonest symptoms.
I use naturopathy, musculoskeletal therapy (osteopathy) and colon hydrotherapy (colonics), either separately, or in combination to help improve people's health. You can read more about each therapy on the next page.
I have been passionate about helping people with health problems for most of my life and am a long-standing member of the British Naturopathic Association and (GCRN) The General Council & Register of Naturopaths. I graduated from The British College of Naturopathy & Osteopathy (now called the British College of Osteopathic Medicine ) in North London and set up my practice as an osteopath & naturopath in Swansea 32 years ago.
I was registered with the General Osteopathic Council for 21 years, but I voluntarily resigned from their register last year. However I still provide hands on treatment and use the manipulation and massage techniques I have used all my practice life. And I am still fully insured.
After working as a Swansea registered naturopath and osteopath for many years I qualified with ARCH (Association & Register of Colon Hydrotherapists) in 2000.
My multi-disciplinary practice in Swansea offers naturopathy, musculoskeletal therapy and colon hydrotherapy (colonics) for those in the area around Port Talbot, Bridgend, Llanelli and the Gower. The Swansea Clinic of Natural Medicine is at 20 Walter Road, not far from the centre of Swansea.
Please read my latest Blog below on this page.
I have had many years experience helping a wide variety of conditions, such as back, neck, knee, shoulder and general musculo-skeletal problems. And with my background in naturopathy I help people improve their health and well-being in general. I specialise in helping people with gastrointestinal problems and for many people colon hydrotherapy has become very popular in recent years and can give much relief. It is a very gentle treatment! Please call or email on the form on this page me if you want to know more about what can be helped, or if you need to know whether your own particular condition can be alleviated.
I regularly attend meetings of the (GCRN )The General Council & Register of Naturopaths, The BNA Cancer Study Group and (ARCH )The Association and Registered of Colon Hydrotherapists . Increasingly I am attending meetings in London where I have been hearing the latest research and natural treatments for Alzheimer's , Cancer, digestive problems, gluten sensitivity and so many other subjects. It is exciting getting all the latest scientific information from experts from around the world.
Please explore the next pages for fuller information. And if you have any queries please send an email from my home page or call the clinic in Swansea on the number below. I am very happy to answer any queries by phone or email.
The Swansea Clinic of Natural Medicine is situated 11 miles from Port Talbot, 25 miles from Bridgend and 12.5 miles from Llanelli and is not far from The Gower.
In recent times I have become increasingly interested in Energy Medicine and because of this I have now incorporated the hand-held miHealth into much of my musculoskeletal work. The miHealth has been extremely helpful in the treatment of muscle tension, muscle spasm, sports injuries, torn muscles, shin splints and acute & chronic back conditions.
"One of the great myths about natural medicines is that they are not scientific. The fact of the matter is that for most common illnesses there is greater support in the medical literature for a natural approach than there is for drugs or surgery." — Dr. Michael T. Murray , Bastyr University, Seattle, U.S.A.
My latest Blog Entry
Blog Autumn 2020
As I explain to many of my patients, when you have worked in Alternative Medicine for as long as I have, I have learnt that there is always another side to the story and this may be the same with the current ‘epidemic crisis’.
If you are interested in knowing why the current lockdown has gone on so long and keeps being extended in many parts of our country and around the world, please explore any or all of the following websites and they will give another side to the story. The virus is only part of it and there are many facets. You will not find this information on our regular news channels or newspapers. The Truth is being deliberately hidden from us and for example about the use of Vitamin C and Vitamin D to help the immune system.
The following interesting statistics were issued by the Government’s Office of National Statistics: “In both England and Wales, COVID-19 did not feature in the top ten leading causes of death in September 2020. In England, COVID-19 was the 19th most common cause of death and in Wales COVID-19 was the 24th most common cause of death, for deaths registered in September 2020”. If so why the lockdowns??
But in the meantime, we all need to stay healthy and make sure our immune systems function well. Have you heard anything about the Immune System on the ‘news’ or in the papers? I wonder why not? It is a very important part of our body and is there to protect us from bacteria and viruses. To do this we need to eat a healthy diet and supplement on at least 1-2 grams daily of Vitamin C and 2000iu (50mcg) of Vitamin D daily. Exposure to sunshine to obtain enough Vit D through the skin for most people is usually not sufficient, especially if sun screen has been used!! And as we get older our skin does not absorb it well. The conventional recommended dose for Vit D (400iu) is far too little and does not raise blood levels at all, or give us enough protection. Studies from around the world show that Vit D is important in the prevention of Coronovirus. Please make sure you take enough! Despite the scare stories it is very difficult to take too much. Zinc is also been shown to be important to help as well.
Everyone should be supplementing on extra Vitamin C & D and the mineral zinc. They help protect us from many health problems.
So I recommend for further study, especially if you wish to learn more about the current epidemic and lockdown, the following:
1) The Alliance for Natural Health: ANH
2) Dr Mercola’s website has lots of very useful information: mercola.com
3) The Corbett Report. Corbett Report Look for the series of videos on his site about the founder of Microsoft. They will open your eyes! Use his website's search box to find the one called ‘Who is B...G...?”
There are lots of very good websites about what is going on and if you want one more it is:
4) Children's Health Defence Children's Health Defence even though this is primarily about children’s health, the subjects covered on this website have huge relevance for everyone at this current time. What happens in the U.S. is happening in the U.K.
Happy reading and my very warm wishes to you all.
• Blog May 2020
• Do you wonder why:
• we are getting nothing but Covid-19 coverage every day, all day, on our news channels and in our newspapers?
• we are not being given any other news? For example that Space X (CEO Elon Musk) last Wednesday launched another 60 satellites into orbit to prepare for 5G phone coverage. A total of 12,000 satellites are expected to be finally in orbit to complete this coverage, but no tests have been done to prove the safety of this huge amount of extra electromagnetic radiation we are all going to be exposed to, not only from space but along all our streets! Let alone all the extra space junk!
• Or that China is now buying most of its oil from Russia instead of Saudi Arabia?
• Or that there has been a huge volcanic eruption in Russia?
• it is that many eminent scientists around the world are not being heard on ‘The News’ to speak about the extreme dangers of 5G?
• no one has produced the scientific data that shows that ‘lockdown’ stops the spread of viruses? Never in the history of mankind has this type of worldwide population control ever been used before.
• we haven’t been told that the most important way to help prevent a virus infection or other infectious disease is by having a strong immune system? We all have an immune system, but “The News” is not telling us how to make sure we have strong immune systems. Vaccinations do not strengthen the immune system.
• there is not one word about any alternative treatments—Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, Ozone, echinacea etc to help the immune system?
• what organisations or individuals benefit the most from this current crisis?
• we are not being told about how in some Chinese and American hospitals they have been successfully treating those with Covid-19, including those seriously ill with pneumonia, with high dose intravenous injections of Vitamin C? This should be headline news!
• or that ozone is being used successfully in a hospital in Ibiza to treat Coronovirus? Ozone kills viruses.
• or that ventilators to treat patients with Covid-19 in many cases cause more harm because they put extreme pressure on the lungs?!
• free speech is being censored or deleted by Google, Facebook, Wikipedia, youtube, The BBC etc?
• social isolation is being enforced so strictly and for so long if it is so bad for all of us psychologically & mentally? Let alone having a devastating affect on the world’s economies? My brother and sister-in-law living way out in the countryside in Ireland are not allowed a daily walk or to go to the shops as they are over 70. But they are fit and well!
• if so far this year by the beginning of May (over 4 months) just over two hundred & thirty-four thousand have died around the world from Coronovirus, and nearly one million have been confirmed as recovered, but no mention is made of those dying from heart disease (17.7 million in 2017) or cancer (9.5 million in 2017) Aren’t these medical emergencies?
• if this blog will get censored?!
• If you believe in free speech have a look at a new website London Real TV
• But please keep taking your Vit C & D and zinc. The science shows that these do help.
• Please contact me if you have any questions or health problems.
• Warm wishes to all my readers/followers!
Blog March/April 2020
A inspiring example to us all!
Bernando LaPallo from East Valley, Arizona turned 114 on August 13, 2015, he attributed his long life to maintaining a simple lifestyle and dietary protocols that helped him to reach supercentenarian longevity warrior status while still feeling very well.
LaPallo claimed to have never been sick a day in his life, and credited this to his diet that consisted of all organic produce, walking every morning, and avoiding red meat as well as fried and fast foods at all costs; his father cautioned him at a young age to stay away from these and he has always believed that to be best for good health.
LaPallo’s five foods that he ate to stay healthy and age well were garlic, cinnamon, olive oil, honey, and chocolate, which are in addition to the organic fruits and vegetables that he attributed to his successful healthy long life.
LaPallo also enjoyed whole grains, broths, as well as healthy soups and salads. He was the author of a few books and a website (Age Less Live More) which he revealed several of his secrets, recipes, and tips to living a long and healthy life as he has.
Bernando LaPallo, an inspiring supercentenarian longevity warrior, died at the age of 114 on December 19, 2015 quickly and without chronic illness, but not before trying his best to share his passionate message of living a healthy lifestyle to extend healthspan and promote longevity.
I found this story on the worldhealth.net website.
Vitamin D I know I write a lot about Vit D, but it is so important!
Research carried out by Harvard & Colorado Medical Schools in 2009 on 19,000 people, found a direct correlation between those people with the most colds having the lowest levels of vitamin D in their body and those with the highest levels having the fewest. Please supplement with at least 2000iu daily. The U.K. RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) is far too low. Most people need 4-5 times that amount.
Even I was deficient until recently—and I had been taking an RDA supplement for many months!! I now take 2000iu daily
Not on the BBC News
Last year the WHO reported and warned that more than one million cases of sexually transmitted infections are contracted every day(!!!) around the globe including chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, and syphilis infections. Many of these are now becoming impossible to treat because of antibiotic resistance!
Did you hear about the worldwide protests that were held on Jan 25th?
As some are saying, “5G’s threat to life on Earth is more immediate than climate change. If we want our children to have enough of a future even to fight climate change, our society must stop pretending that radio waves are harmless and that wireless technology is safe. It is not!”
Fortunately some countries are seeing sense. 125 Cities in Italy Oppose 5G. “Alleanza Italiana Stop 5G” has published on its website a list of 125 municipalities in Italy that have passed resolutions or ordinances opposing 5G.
Vegan diets are inherently nutrient deficient, especially for active people. They lack the appropriate balance of amino acids, they are deficient in some fatty acids (e.g. EPA, DHA) as well as some essential vitamins and minerals, notably vitamin B12, zinc and iron. They may also expose people to high levels of certain plant compounds, such as certain food-derived lectins (e.g. in beans, pulses, grains), that may damage gut membrane function, reduce nutrient assimilation and contribute to excessive permeability (“leaky gut”).
Don’t be scared of eating a little organic grass-fed meat or ethically raised fish. It’s not the animals themselves that are the problem. It’s the way they are farmed and fed by the behemoth that’s the pervasive industrial agri-food complex that now dominates food and farming that’s the real issue. That’s what causes one of our world-wide huge environmental pollution issues.
Blog January/February 2020
I hope you’ve all had a good Christmas and managed to stay healthy! If not then I’ll emphasize that to stay healthy the supplements, I outlined in my previous blog, are almost mandatory, especially Vitamin D and C. In my estimation—and others—they are more effective than any flu jab. And if you're concerned about the Coronavirus please start taking these now!
Good news! In their recent annual report the American Association of Poison Control Centers’ (AAPCC) showed that during 2018 there were no deaths from the use of vitamin & mineral supplements, herbs or homeopathic remedies. And this was the same for previous years as well. This is in contrast to the use of pharmaceuticals which contributed to the third leading cause of death in both the U.K. & U.S.A., after cancer and heart disease!
New research has shown that prescribing aspirin to prevent and treat a heart attack is not nearly as effective as using Vitamin E. This modern research wonderfully vindicates the work done by the famous Shute brothers, Canadian doctors, who were successfully treating heart disease in the late 1940’s using Vitamin E!!
Vit D I can’t emphasize enough how important it is for all of us to use a Vit D supplement long term. Most people are deficient! Including myself when I recently got myself tested!!
Why is it important? Because it not only helps us to have strong bones and prevent osteoporosis. A huge amount of recent research shows that it is an important factor in the prevention of chronic disease including cancer, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, age related macular degeneration and Alzheimer’s, as well as infections such as colds and flu.
Even if we take a daily supplement we may not be getting enough, as I found out with myself! Take at least 4000iu daily. You would need to take a huge dose eg 30.000IU’s daily to cause any toxicity.
Better still please get your blood levels measured. If your GP won’t do this for you (and mine wouldn’t!!) there are several sites on the Internet where you can get a kit with which to get tested. For example use: Cambridge Nutritional Sciences Cambridge Nutritional Sciences: https://camnutri.com/collections/health-condition-tests/products/vitamin-d-lab-test
It costs £40.80. They’ll send a kit and something to prick your finger with. Send the blood sample back to them in the post and you’ll get the result in a couple of weeks. The report they send will tell you how much your level is of Vit D.
Ironically the recent research showed that one of the important conditions it helped prevent was skin cancer. If you use a lot of sun tan lotion (that prevents Vit D being formed from the sun on your skin) you may be quite deficient!
If you have any problems getting a test, please let me know.
5G I know I keep banging on about this subject, but many scientists are very worried the roll out of 5G for mobile phones will cause much ill health. No proper health safety studies have been done, even though we are assured they have!
And just today it has been announced on “The News” that in the New Year thousands of satellites are to be launched into space to improve ‘internet reception’. What they haven’t told us is that these are all for 5G reception! They seem to be keeping quiet about that! As if there isn’t enough litter and leftover old satellites in space already.
The Power of 8 If anyone of you is interested in joining a "The Power of Eight" healing group every Wednesday evening in Killay, please let me know. I suggest you email me. If you have read the book of the same name you will know what amazing healing is being done around the world.
Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year!
For more of my Blog posts, click here